Monday, April 8, 2013

, , ,

McVitie's Digestive: Instant Fave!


Before I try McVitie's Digestive I took photos of it and posted it on my Instagram account. After a few hours it already got 49 likes. Wow :) Looks like I'm not just the one who wants a piece of this digestive biscuits.

Digestive biscuits is a semi-sweet biscuit originated in the UK. The term 'digestive' is derived from the belief that they had antacid properties due to the use of sodium bicarbonate when they were first developed. Historically, some producers used diastatic malt extract to 'digest' some of the starch that existed in flour prior to baking. The first ever digestives are baked by a new McVities employee named Alexander Grant back in 1892. Yup! 120 years ago.

Did you know that over 71 million packets of McVitie's Chocolate Homewheat Digestives are eaten in the UK each year, giving an average of 52 biscuits per second! and FYI, in March 2011, it was announced that Prince William had chosen a groom's cake for his wedding reception, made from 1,700 McVitie's Rich Tea biscuits and 17 kg of chocolate.

I've read that digestives are frequently eaten with tea or coffee, the biscuit is dunked into the tea and eaten quickly due to the biscuit's tendency to disintegrate when wet. Since I love sweets I first tried the "Milk Chocolate" variant and became an instant favorite. I also have the Light, Wholemeal & The Original variant.

The best thing about McVities Digestives, aside from its taste, are it contains no artificial flavours or colours, and no hydrogenated fat. In short its healthy for our body because it's natural. Good thing I discovered McVities, I can now 'throw away' other biscuits that has unwanted ingredients.

McVitie’s Digestive Biscuits are available in leading supermarkets nationwide. For more info, visit:
http://www.mcvities.com
http://www.facebook.com/McVitiesDigestives.
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Saan po nabibili to? Sa SM Supermarket, Rustan's, Robinson's Supermarket meron nito? Last time I checked, wala pa pong out nito sa mga stores. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw some in Rustan's in IL TERRAZO mall.:)

    ReplyDelete

what are your thoughts on this? :)